SANTA ROSA, CA (September 12, 2018) — The Sonoma County Vintners Foundation and George F. Hamel, Jr., 2018 Sonoma County Wine Auction Honorary Chair, have unveiled the complete list of exclusive auction lots for the 2018 Sonoma County Wine Auction, presented by Visa Signature®. Named one of the nation’s top charitable wine auctions by Wine Spectator, proceeds raised support more nonprofit organizations in Sonoma County than any other fundraising event in the county.
Sonoma County Wine Auction will take place from September 20-22, culminating in a live auction hosted at La Crema Estate at Saralee’s Vineyard.
“My goal from day one has been to help continue the upward trajectory of the Sonoma County Wine Auction so that more funds can be raised and we can continue to have a meaningful impact to nonprofit organizations throughout our community,” stated Honorary Chair George Hamel, Jr. “We’re thrilled about this year’s collection of auction lots—from far away adventures to treasures of the rarest kind. I am excited for what we can accomplish and achieve this year.”
Highlights from the 41 auction lots include:
- Tickets on the Centre Court for the 2019 Wimbledon Men’s Final and dinner with a Wimbledon legend, including round trip business class airline tickets and lodging at the Lanesborough Hotel. Included in this once-in-a-lifetime experience is a multi-vintage collection of large format Vérité wines.
- An intimate evening and five-course dinner paired with wines from the Hamel Family Winery library at the Charles M. Schulz Museum, featuring a solo concert with Grammy Award-winner, George Winston, performing Linus and Lucy and other classics from the animated Peanuts specials.
- A curated collection of 111 Sonoma County wines that celebrates and exemplifies Sonoma County’s diverse terroir featuring wines that have earned top scores, gold and double gold medals and “Best Of” awards and accolades.
- Four “Next Gen” Sonoma County wine families from the Jackson (Jackson Family Wines), Hamel (Hamel Family Wines), Duncan (Silver Oak Cellars) and Cline (Cline Family Cellars) families join rising star Sonoma County chefs Dustin Valette (Valette Healdsburg), Ari Weiswasser (Glen Ellen Star), Dominic Orsini (Silver Oak Cellars) and Clinton Huntsman (Hamel Family Wines) for behind-the-scenes wine tours, incredible lunches, dinners, and food and wine pairings.
- A wine and culinary adventure that goes from one end of the world to another. This excursion includes six nights in a romantic, private castle in Mazzo di Valtellina and two nights at the Christopher Creek Winery estate home in Healdsburg. Included are unforgettable wine-paired dinners for six on Lake Como and at Valette Healdsburg, prepared by Dustin Valette.
- Access into the Magic Kingdom, including a guided culinary tour of Disneyland with Sonoma County Wine Auction Lot Chair, Marcy Carriker Smothers, author of Eat Like Walt: The Wonderful World of Disney Food; luxury accommodations at the Disney Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; a vintner dinner with MacMurray Estate Vineyards wines at the Napa Rose restaurant; and a 10-hour VIP tour with first-in-line access to many of the top attractions.
“In addition to this incredible collection of auction lots, this year’s Fund-A-Need paddle raise is dedicated to rebuilding the Sonoma County community with a specific focus on affordable housing,” said Hamel. “Our community lost more than 5,000 homes during the wildfires last year. Housing is a basic and fundamental need, recovery is going to be a long-term effort, and we want to do our part to help those adversely impacted.”
Sonoma County Wine Auction has raised more than $29 million since its inception. Funds raised have a direct impact in the key areas of literacy, education, health and human services, the environment and arts and culture.
To see all of this year’s Sonoma County Wine Auction lots and to purchase tickets, please visit sonomacountywineauction.com.
Follow Us on Social Media
About Sonoma County Wine Auction
Sonoma County Wine Auction brings the region’s most renowned winemakers and growers together with distinguished collectors and generous bidders for an opportunity to acquire some of Sonoma County’s top wines and bid on once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Named one of the nation’s top charitable auctions by Wine Spectator, the proceeds raised benefit local Sonoma County charitable organizations. Since its inception, the Sonoma County Wine Auction has raised over $29 million to help fund charitable organizations focusing on literacy, education, arts and culture, environment and health and human services and have supported more nonprofits than any other fundraising event in Sonoma County. Learn more at sonomacountywineauction.com.
About Hamel Family Wines
Hamel Family Wines (“HFW”) is committed to producing a limited-quantity of exceptional estate-grown wines from its Sonoma Valley and Moon Mountain District vineyards. Farming meticulously with organic and biodynamic practices, HFW is dedicated to producing wines that reflect a true sense of purpose, passion, place and time, and the fun had making them. For more information on Hamel Family Wines, visit hamelfamilywines.com.
About Visa Signature®
Visa Signature® and Visa Infinite® cardholders enjoy a range of benefits that provide special access including Sonoma County Wine Auction 2018. In addition to points, miles, cash back and other premium rewards offered by issuers, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite cardholders also enjoy perks such as 24/7 complimentary concierge services, access to the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection and exclusive offers related to fine wine and food, travel and sports. For more information on Visa Signature, Visa Infinite and other Visa® offerings, please visit Visa.com.
Additional Sonoma County Wine Auction Sponsors Include: Tricorbraun Winepak, American AgCredit, Biagi Bros., Butterfly Aviation LLC, Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, La Crema Estate at Saralee’s Vineyard, Pack n’ Ship Direct, Paradise Ridge Winery, Pure Luxury Transportation, Rodney Strong Vineyards, Silicon Valley Bank, T.W. Boswell, Wine Spectator and Wright Contracting.
About Sonoma County Vintners Foundation
The Sonoma County Vintners Foundation provides support to our local community through philanthropy and charitable giving. Our fundraising efforts have a direct impact in the areas of literacy, education, health and human services, the environment and arts and culture. Our signature fundraising event, Sonoma County Wine Auction has been recognized as one of Wine Spectator’s Top Charity Wine Auctions in the United States. Learn more at sonomawine.com/foundation.