Santa Rosa, CA (August 16, 2018) – The Sonoma County Vintners Foundation is donating $520,000 in grants to more than 50 local nonprofit organizations that address the community’s critical needs. Grants were made through the Sonoma County Vintners Foundation community grants program, with funding from the 2017 Sonoma County Wine Auction. The event, which has raised more than $29 million since its inception, is the region’s leading annual fundraising event. The 2018 Sonoma County Wine Auction will take place on Saturday, September 22 at La Crema Estate at Saralee’s Vineyard.
“With the wildfires that struck Sonoma County last year, many leaders of nonprofit organizations expressed concern that funding for their ongoing programs would be impacted. These community grants represent our commitment to continue to support the variety of programs that make up Sonoma County’s diverse population—from urgent needs like affordable housing to our long-term commitment to literacy and protecting the environment,” said Caroline Shaw, president of the Sonoma County Vintners Foundation.
The Community Grants program targets four key areas: education, health and human services, environment and arts and culture. Nonprofits are eligible to apply for grants up to $10,000 for programs or projects under one of these four areas.
“This funding from the Sonoma County Vintners Foundation will help Ceres deliver 3,000 nutritious, healthy meals to our low-income neighbors who are in treatment for cancer and other serious illnesses and improve outreach to the Latino community thanks to funding for a bilingual staff member,” said Deborah Ramelli, communications director at Ceres Community Project. “Especially after the fires, we’ve seen demand for our services increase. For our low-income clients coping with a serious medical issue, our meals provide both critical food support and the love and care of the community. We’re grateful for the generous ongoing support of Sonoma County Vintners.”
The Sonoma County Vintners Foundation partners with the Community Foundation Sonoma County to administer the community grants program. The Community Foundation Sonoma County has served as a hub of philanthropy for the county for over 30 years. “We are honored to serve as grantmaking partners to the Sonoma County Vintners Foundation, applying both our expertise in philanthropic giving and a depth of knowledge about the nonprofit organizations in our community to help steward these donations into the areas where they are most needed,” said Elizabeth Brown, president and CEO, CFSC.
- 10,000 Degrees
- American Association of University Women
- Bloco Novo (fiscally sponsored by Restorative Resources)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Sonoma County
- Buckelew Programs
- California Indian Museum & Cultural Center
- California Parenting Institute
- California Poets in the Schools
- Career Technical Education Foundation
- Catholic Charities
- Ceres Community Project
- Children’s Museum of Sonoma County
- Chop’s Teen Club
- Clean River Alliance (fiscally sponsored by Russian Riverkeeper)
- Committee on the Shelterless
- Community Soil Foundation (fiscally sponsored by Extended Child Care Coalition of Sonoma County)
- Community Support Network
- Conservation Corps North Bay Inc
- Council on Aging Services for Seniors
- Forget Me Not Childrens Services
- Friends in Sonoma Helping (FISH)
- Hanna Boys Center
- Healdsburg Shared Ministries
- Humanidad Therapy and Education Services
- Legal Aid of Sonoma County
- LifeWorks of Sonoma County
- The Living Room
- Luther Burbank Memorial Foundation
- Matrix, A Parent Network and Resource
- New Vision Santa Rosa Foundation
- Pepperwood Foundation
- Petaluma Health Center Inc.
- Rebuilding Together Petaluma
- Redwood Empire Food Bank
- Restorative Resources
- Russian Riverkeeper
- Santa Rosa Symphony Association
- Social Advocates for Youth
- Sonoma Community Center
- Sonoma County Office of Education
- Sonoma Ecology Center
- Sonoma Valley Community Health Center
- Sonoma Valley Mentoring Alliance Inc
- Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods
- Summer Search
- Sunny Hills Services
- Teen Services Sonoma
- TLC Child & Family Services
- Transcendence Theatre Company
- Verity – Compassion, Safety, Support
- West County Community Services
- West County Health Center Inc.
- Windsor Unified School District
The Sonoma County Vintners Foundation provides support to our local community through philanthropy and charitable giving. Our fundraising efforts have a direct impact in the areas of literacy, education, health and human services, the environment and arts and culture. Our signature fundraising event, Sonoma County Wine Auction has been recognized as one ofWine Spectator’s Top Charity Wine Auctions in the United States. Learn more atsonomawine.com/foundation.
About Sonoma County Wine Auction
Sonoma County Wine Auction brings the region’s most renowned winemakers and growers together with distinguished collectors and generous bidders for an opportunity to acquire some of Sonoma County’s top wines and bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences. Named one of the nation’s top charitable auctions by Wine Spectator, the proceeds raised benefit local Sonoma County charitable organizations. Since its inception, the Sonoma County Wine Auction has raised over $29 million to help fund charitable organizations focusing on education, arts and culture, environment and health and human services and have supported more nonprofits than any other fundraising event in Sonoma County. Learn more at sonomacountywineauction.com.
About Community Foundation Sonoma County
Community Foundation Sonoma County is the hub of philanthropy for the county, connecting people, ideas, and resources to benefit all who live here. Founded in 1983, CFSC works with philanthropists to create plans that will make an impact in our community and become part of their family’s legacy. More information: sonomacf.org
To download images, please visit: https://bit.ly/2Mwbbkh.