See if Your Winery Qualifies for a Free AED
SCV Member Ron Rubin of Ron Rubin Winery, in collaboration with the American Red Cross and ZOLL Medical Corporation, will cover the cost of one ZOLL AED PLUS (Automated External Defibrillator) unit for each qualifying Sonoma County winery. Contact Ron Rubin to learn more about how your winery can qualify for the program.
If You Qualify for an AED: Next Steps
If you qualify, Ron and a representative from the American Red Cross will be in touch to schedule your training.
- There is no cost to you for the AED device or installation.
- Wineries will be responsible for the cost of staff training.
- Cost is $450 for six participants payable to American Red Cross.
Why Should My Winery Have an AED?
Having an AED in the workplace can improve survival from sudden cardiac arrest.
According to OSHA:
- Studies have shown with immediate defibrillation, up to 60% survive one year after sudden cardiac arrest.
- Waiting for the arrival of emergency medical system personnel results in only 5-7% survival.
- Read about how Ron Rubin’s life was saved with an AED.